Wireless Digital Video:Replacing the wireless adapters
From Wireless Digital Video
- WiDV Two devices are equipped with 802.11/a/b/g USB wireless adapters for video/data transmission and reception on 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz on a single device.
- Currently, WiDV devices support 3 different USB wireless adapters:
- New USB wireless adapters will be supported as new firmware versions are released. By simply updating their firmware, users can add support to newer USB wireless adapters, improving the quality and range of their WiDV devices.
2.4 Ghz vs 5 Ghz
- 2.4 Ghz has a longer range than 5 Ghz.
- 2.4 Ghz has less channels available than 5 Ghz.
- 2.4 Ghz is very popular and there are a lot of interferences in crowed places. 5 Ghz is less popular so it is easier to find free channels.
Replacing the wireless adapters
- Unplug the old USB wireless adapter and replace it with the new one.