Wireless Digital Video:Bidirectional serial channel
From Wireless Digital Video
Bidirectional wireless serial channel
- WiDV transmitter and receiver include an external serial port with a 4 pin - 2.50mm JST-XH male connector (figure 1).
- All WiDV transmitters include the external serial port that is also used for the Telemetry OSD. This allows wireless serial communication from the transmitter to the receiver (air to ground).
- Only WiDV Professional receivers include the external serial port which allows wireless serial communication from the receiver to the transmitter (ground to air).
- The Bidireccional serial channel can be used to transparently transmit data between the transmitter and receiver connecting any external third party hardware with a serial port. Using this channel, you can plug your Autopilot to WiDV transmitter and any Ground Station software to WiDV Professional receiver, allowing wireless communication from your Ground station to your Autopilot and vice versa. For example pixhawk autopilot and QGroundControl, or APM autopilot with APM planner or mission planner groundstation.
- Select Master mode to allow traffic from the receiver to the transmitter (ground to air).
- The serial port baud rate can be changed using the configuration file.
- All serial traffic can be stored on the local SD Card, this can be used as a Flight recorder when flying FPV. More information can be found here.
- Supported baud rates are: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200.
- Supported voltages: from 3.3v to 5v.
- Serial traffic encryption. Custom serial traffic encryption is also available when custom video encryption is enabled. More information can be found here.